Chiropractic great for back pain
This study based used a practice-based, observational model to look at the effectiveness of intervention in a selected group of patients with both acute and chronic lower back pain (LBP). It compared the efficacy of chiropractic intervention with standard medical care in both types of LBP.2780 patients were enrolled in the study over a 2-year period (1994 to 1996) Read more
Exercise doesn't just improve your physical health, it may also enhance your cognitive functioning, according to a new study.
Nine women with fibromyalgia participated in a small study of the effects of exercises on working memory. Researchers used a functional MRIs to measure women's brain activity levels while they took a memory test. After these initial tests, the women stopped taking their medications, and actually performed Read more
Latest Blog Posts
- Spinal Adjustments Relieve Muscle Pain Instantly
- Pregnant Women Find Back Pain Relief with Chiropractic
- Chiropractic Speeds Recovery from Sciatica
- Chiropractic Is Great for Kids
- Chiropractic Reduces Stress Boosts Wellness
- Doctors Ignoring Evidence for Back Pain Treatment
Meet Dr Jeremy
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- November 2018
- Show Older
Fortunately, a recent study offers hope to sciatica patients: chiropractic care can speed the recovery from sciatica flare ups and allow patients to return to work sooner (2).
The study evaluated 44 Norwegian workers after they came to the hospital with severe sciatica pain. Most of those patients had been experiencing pain for three or more weeks prior to their hospital visit.
The hospital chiropractor examined each patient to evaluate his/her posture and gait, range of motion, and palpation of the lumbar spine.
The chiropractic then performed various joint adjustments to the spine and other limbs that had been injured through patients compensating for pain. Ice treatment was also used to relieve soft tissue soreness.Patients were treated daily in the hospital and later three times a week for the first two weeks. Some patients needed additional follow-up treatment but typically did not exceed 14 treatments.
In matter of 21 days, 91% of patients returned to work full-time. Two patients returned to work part time. Researchers concluded this study demonstrates the potent benefits of collaboration between chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Chiropractic care can put an end to your sciatica pain so you can begin living your life fully again.
Posted in chiropractic, Chiropractic News, Sciatica, sciatica treatment, Understanding Sciatica
- Arana E, Marti-Bonmati L, Vega M, et al. Relationship between low back pain, disability, MR imaging findings and health care provider. Skeletal Radiology 2006;35(9):641-7.
- Orlin JR, Didriksen A. Results of chiropractic treatment of lumbopelvic fixation in 44 patients admitted to an orthopedic department. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2007;30:135-139.