Patient Succedss - Laura L
- I cannot express enough how grateful I am to Dr. Jeremy Hozjan and his wonderful staff! He literally turned my life around in just one week! After 2 pregnancies and carrying big babies, I have been battling with internal hemorrhoids. The past 3 years have been the most severe ending up with a visit to a surgeon for a hemorrhoidectomy. I was at my lowest point and felt it was my last and only option for relief...until a divine intervention and a friend who recommended I see Dr. Jeremy Hozjan. After just one week of taking his supplements, I noticed major improvement! So much, I was confident enough to cancel my surgery and allow my body more time to heal under his recommendations. I have spent countless dollars and time on traditional medicinal methods that only spun me in circles to the point my body was exhausted. I came to Dr. Jeremy broken and feeling like I was 80 years old. After the Nutritional Response Testing, Dr. Jeremy was able to target my digestive issues I have been suffering from for years. After 12 weeks of unsuccessful physical therapy, Dr. Jeremy has also relieved my sciatic pain and I am starting to sleep better. My Back pain was so bad, I could barely get out of bed in the morning. I would be doubled over in pain and it hurt to sit or walk. Now, I have increased energy and no more acid reflux waking me up at night! I am finally starting to feel more like my age. I have never in all my 42 yrs, experienced such extraordinary care by a doctor. Dr. Hozjan truly cares about his patients and spends all the time needed to make you feel important and like you truly matter. There is one thing I regret...not going to him sooner!!
Patient Success - i-Lipo Ultra
For the past 10 months I have been exercising 5-6 times a week, both cardio and weight-training, including a personal trainer. During that time I have found ab muscles, biceps, quads - you name it. I have lost a few pounds but my goal was more toning than weight loss, so that's just fine. What I would like to have lost, but have not been able to, is my thighs. No matter how hard I have worked, no matter how good my diet, I cannot get rid of that excess skin around my inner and outer thighs. Fine - call it what is - cellulite. Ugh!
We all have 'trouble spots' - areas that no matter what we do, its never enough. I had resigned myself to accept this fate, and then Dr Hozjan told me about the i-Lipo Ultra process. It sounded interesting.
Now, caution here that I can't quote huge numbers in inches lost, but that's because we experimented with different areas over the course of the treatment, so measurements could not be tracked. Also, the one day we did measure I was nowhere near hydrated enough. I had enjoyed a few glasses of wine the evening before (exact number is TBD) so I was dehydrated the morning of my first treatment. This was a big mistake in terms of results. I lost only 1/2 an inch, which is much less than a typical visit of 1-3 inches.
While Dr Hozjan could see the results as he was performing the procedure, I saw the best results the day after. The skin was smoothing out! Where there were several wrinkles of cellulite, now there is only one - and it's getting fainter. It looks so much different.
I wore a pair of jeans that had previously fit okay, now they feel loose in the thigh area. As a result they look better on me. They no longer wear like 'mom jeans'.
Honestly, this is not a miracle worker. Nothing is. You still have to actively participate in the process. You have to stay hydrated, have to maintain your diet and activity, but the results are there. If there is a spot you cannot seem to do anything about, this is worth a try. You will be surprised. I certainly was!
- For the past 10 months I have been exercising 5-6 times a week, both cardio and weight-training, including a personal trainer. During that time I have found ab muscles, biceps, quads - you name it. I have lost a few pounds but my goal was more toning than weight loss, so that's just fine. What I would like to have lost, but have not been able to, is my thighs. No matter how hard I have worked, no matter how good my diet, I cannot get rid of that excess skin around my inner and outer thighs. Fine - call it what is - cellulite. Ugh!
Patient Success - Amy M
I have put off writing this testimonial because I truly did not even know where to start!! Dr. Hozjan has helped me and several members of my family in more ways than I could have ever imagined!!
I initially made the appointment with him to see if he could help me with my lack of energy and my poor digestive issues. I have always exercised and eaten healthy but have suffered from lack of energy and terrible digestion problems my entire life!! I would literally need to lie down and take a nap every single day around 1:00. I would feel SO tired that if I did not lie down I would be miserable!! I hated feeling that way, I had things to do and no time to take naps! I also would get terrible pains in my stomach after meals.. bloating and cramping... I just assumed this was " normal " and lived with it.... WELL, NO MORE!! I started on my supplements last November and within weeks I was feeling so much better, I had bounds of energy and NO more stomach pains. After being on the supplements now for 7 months, I can honestly say I have not had any stomach problems and I do not feel like I need a nap ever! It is truly amazing.
I call Dr. Hozjan a MIRACLE WORKER! I feel like a new person. It is such a blessing and I am truly grateful to him. I have had improvements in other areas that I did not even know he could help. For example, I have had one dry and cracked finger for about 3 years. I have been to lots of dermatologists and doctors and tried ointment after ointment and NOTHING has ever helped!! Well, after taking these supplements that finger has started to heal for the very first time. I do not understand how it works but I am thrilled!
Whenever I have an issue, I go to him now before i go to see my regular doctors. I am starting to understand now what it means to heal from the inside out! The supplements have improved my overall health and the way my body functions. I am 43 years old and for the first time in my entire life, I feel the way I think my body should feel... the way I wish I had felt years ago!!
Thank you so much Dr. Hozjan for making me feel 100 times better!!
- I have put off writing this testimonial because I truly did not even know where to start!! Dr. Hozjan has helped me and several members of my family in more ways than I could have ever imagined!!
Patient Success - Charles P
DR. HOZJAN,THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! THE SUPPLEMENTS YOU PRESCRIBED FOR ME AFTER TESTING ME IN DECEMBER 2012 ARE REALLY IMPROVING MY OVER ALL HEALTH. I HAVE SEEN MY INTERNAL MEDICINE DOCTOR TWICE SINCE DECEMBER FOR REGULAR CHECK-UPS AND EACH TIME MY TESTS HAVE COME BACK WITH GREAT IMPROVEMENT. MY BLOOD SUGAR, TRIG., CHOL.,DHDLC AND LDL HAVE ALL IMPROVED TO THE POINT THAT WHEN MY INTERNEST FAXED MY REPORT TO ME LAST HE WROTE,"GOOD REPORT", ON IT AND HE HAS NEVER DONE THAT. OF COURSE I AM CONTINUING TO DO MY EXERCISE, PUSH-UPS, WEIGHTS AND WALKING 30 TO 45 MINUTES THREE OR FOUR TIMES A WEEK, (DON'T WANT TO OVER DO IT, YA KNOW). MY STRENGTH AND STAMINA ARE BETTER AND I FEEL MUCH BETTER OVER ALL. JUST CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR SEEING ME ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE WHEN I WAS IN CHARLOTTE IN DECEMBER. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU WHEN I AM THERE VISITING AMY AND DAVIS FOR THE "QUAIL HOLLOW CHAMPIONSHIP". GIVE DAN AND MS. JUDY AND THE OTHER LADIES MY BEST. AND, BY THE WAY, I'M OUT DRIVING ALL OF MY OLD BUDDIES EVERY THURSDAY WHEN WE PLAY GOLF. I'VE TOLD THEM THEY NEED A TRIP TO CHARLOTTE, N. C.!!!
Patient Success - Ken H
- Dr. Hozjan took time out of his busy day today to squeeze time in to see my 4 year old son who has been sufferering immensely from pollen allergies. He was very thorough in his examination process and made my son actually enjoy going to a doctor's office. But best of all, I think my son is already benefiting from the recommended therapy. Seeing my kid happy...priceless. Thank you very much!
Patient Success - Peter M
- Dr. Jeremy Hozjan became my chiropractor last year. His staff is professional and friendly.Dr. Hozjan's treatments have really help improve my overall health, not just the spinal issues that I had. He is extremely skilled and knowledgeable.
Patient Success - Diane H.
- Dr. Jeremy Hozjan is a joy to work with, regarding anything concerning my overall health and well being. He is a mentor, guide and wonderful example of what a "truly" healthy lifestyle is all about! Anyone looking to improve their quality of life thru a healthier existence, should DEFINITELY make an appointment with Dr. Hozjan! I'm a HUGE fan and forever patient!
Patient Success - Jay W
- I went to see Dr. Hoz (sorry Jeremy, I had to) when I hurt my neck and shoulder playing golf. On the first visit, he relieved the pressure immediately, and made me feel 100% better. On the second, I had a small adjustment to make sure that everything was staying where it was supposed to. BIG THANKS to everyone at Charlotte Natural Healing, especially Dr. Hoz!
Patient Success - Ron C.
- Dr. Jeremy Hozjan is in a word - fantastic! He has great charisma and is exceptionally knowledgeable in natural health and chiropractic. He has helped me attain greater health and lose weight - both of which are important to a 63-year old. I highly recommend Dr. Jeremy and his practice.
Patient Success - Bobby M.
- Dr. Jeremy is an excellent chiropractic physician. He listens, is extremely knowledgeable and thorough in his evaluations, and the best part is he provides relief for the issues that brought you to him in the first place! I highly recommend him for anyone who is suffering and wants to feel better again. He is the man to see for your chiropractic care!
Patient Success - Jeramie B.
- Dr. Jeremy Hozjan is a very professional and knowledgeable chiropractor and wellness practitioner. He educated me on many subjects that have been very beneficial to my overall health and wellness. His ability to detect my bodies imbalances and correct them, has been crucial to my athletic success and overall health and wellness. I highly recommend Dr. Hozjan.
Patient Success - Joe K.
- Dr. Jeremy Hozjan is a true chiropractic professional. He is very knowledgeable about nutrition and wellness and educates his clients about the importance of it. I met Dr Jeremy through our BNI networking group and we have done business together for almost two years. Even our kids look forward to family wellness visits. Testimonials from our children: "Dr. Jeremy is nice and he is funny." "He is really good at doing his job." I highly recommend you schedule time to meet with him.
Patient Success - Eric E.
- As a former competitive athlete and now weekend warrior plagued with nagging and reoccurring injuries, I was fortunate to find someone with Dr. Jeremy's chiropractic and healing skills. Because of his excellent reputation, I expected him to be a superb chiropractic practitioner. What I did not expect was his knowledge of specific supplements that heal the body and improve day to day living. Clearly, unique in his profession.
Patient Success - Diane H
- Dr. Jeremy Hozjan is a joy to work with, regarding anything concerning my overall health and well being. He is a mentor, guide and wonderful example of what a "truly" healthy lifestyle is all about! Anyone looking to improve their quality of life thru a healthier existence, should DEFINITELY make an appointment with Dr. Jeremy Hozjan! I'm a HUGE fan and forever patient!"
Patient Success - Kevin R
My daughter was adopted from Ukraine in Summer 2008 at age 2 1/2. After two years of seeing many specialists, she still had some unresolved health issues. One of the most difficult was her digestive issues. She had frequent symptoms like bloating, her bowel movements were irregular, and would sometimes complain that her stomach hurt (pointing to her belly button). During my daughter's initial consultation/examination with Dr. Hozjan, he determined that there appeared to be some type of bacteria in her body causing issues. He also found some other areas of concern, including her spleen and head/neurological.
My daughter took the supplements Dr. Hozjan recommended, and after a month, began to show improvement in these areas. My daughter's pediatrician recommended she be examined by a Pediatric Gastroenterologist for her digestive issues, and after some testing, they determine she had Giardia (waterborne parasite) that she had likely acquired a few years earlier while living at the orphanage in Ukraine. Also, this Gastroenterologist suspected there was a build-up of bacteria in her small intestine, which was also causing her digestive problems and elevated B12 levels, and he prescribed antibiotics. Dr. Hozjan was accurate in his assessment of the bad bacteria in her body, and it was likely not fully resolved because my daughter had to stop taking Dr. Hozjan's supplements several weeks before the end of the treatment period, due to family financial issues.
During each appointment with Dr. Hozjan, he was always very thorough, professional, courteous, and explained everything in detail. He is genuinely concerned about the welfare of his patients. He made my daughter feel relaxed and comfortable during the exams, and he is very good with children.
I highly recommend Dr. Hozjan.
- My daughter was adopted from Ukraine in Summer 2008 at age 2 1/2. After two years of seeing many specialists, she still had some unresolved health issues. One of the most difficult was her digestive issues. She had frequent symptoms like bloating, her bowel movements were irregular, and would sometimes complain that her stomach hurt (pointing to her belly button). During my daughter's initial consultation/examination with Dr. Hozjan, he determined that there appeared to be some type of bacteria in her body causing issues. He also found some other areas of concern, including her spleen and head/neurological.
Patient Success - MB
Here I am a woman in my mid 40?s and suffering from the dreaded night sweats. Having tried over the counter medicines without much success and I really did not know what to do. And then to be told this could go on for many years. So a chance visit to see my good friend and Chiropractor to say hi and hows it going and I happened to mention if he could help me.
After a 30min assessment he recommended a regimen of various natural supplements. Being a little skeptical I put my trust in Dr Hozjan to have my best interest at heart.
I took my first first supplements before I even drove out of the car park and then followed the prescribed dosages.
Well that night I had the best sleep I have for quite some time, even though I did wake up with night sweats it was nothing like I had previously experienced.
Sticking with what I was told to do... by the 2nd day it was obvious that this was going to help.
It is now a month or so and I can honestly say that using Standard Process Supplements have helped tremendously. I would recommend anyone to try this approach.
- Here I am a woman in my mid 40?s and suffering from the dreaded night sweats. Having tried over the counter medicines without much success and I really did not know what to do. And then to be told this could go on for many years. So a chance visit to see my good friend and Chiropractor to say hi and hows it going and I happened to mention if he could help me.
Patient Success - Jackie L
MY JOURNEY WITH INTERSTITIAL CYSTITUS A STORY OF PAIN AND HEALING BY JACKIE L.
In 2008, my family took a trip to Holden Beach expecting to have a nice relaxing spring break. That evening after arriving I could hardly walk because of stabbing pain which I thought was coming from my vagina. I took some over the counter medication for bladder infections to see if that would ease my pain and frequency of going to the restroom. The medication helped some but by the next day, I felt I needed to see a doctor to see what was happening to my body.
I visited an urgent care clinic and was put on antibiotics and a bladder medication for a urinary tract infection (UTI). I had never had a UTI before and was in considerable pain during the whole vacation. Little did I know that this was the beginning of a very long battle with a bladder disease.
Upon returning home and after the antibiotics stopped I was in the same level of pain and went to my gynecologist. He tested my urine and put me on antibiotics again. When the results came back I did not have a bladder infection.
I made numerous visits to my gynecologist over the next few months because the pain was unbearable. I could hardly walk and I was going to the bathroom anywhere between 25 and 30 times a day. I felt like I lived in the bathroom. I actually finished numerous books during this time if this gives you any indication of the amount of time I spent in my bathroom. I even joked with my husband and asked him if maybe we should install a flat screen television in our bathroom, since I spent so much of my day in there.
On one of visits to the gynecologist he said he was going to do exploration to see where the pain was coming from. Upon his exam, he thought I had pelvic floor problems and sent me to physical therapy. The physical therapy did help some but only for a few days and then I was right back in the pain I had before I went. I continued with this for about six months because my doctor wanted me to continue with it and because I did see some benefit.
The pain I had was constant and it effected every phase of my life. I had trouble doing every day tasks such as shopping, cooking, laundry, driving and even sitting at work. Sometimes the pain was so bad to sit that I often stood at my desk to work because I was in less pain that way. There were times that it hurt so bad to urinate that I had to hold on to the sink to free the muscle spasm in order to get the urine out. There have been times when I had a "pee freeze" and couldn't get urine out for over two hours even though I tried and needed to go. It is a very frustrating and emotionally draining experience.
Finally, because of the considerable pain I was in, my gynecologist tried to get me into an uro-gynecologist. It took me three months to get the appointment because I was a new patient. I was still in considerable pain and had tried all kinds of medication with it providing little relief plus numerous side effects.
When I finally saw the specialist it was September of 2008, exactly five months after my initial pain. The doctor immediately did a pelvic ultrasound and sent me for a renal ultrasound both of which were fine. Because of the amount of pain I was in, he scheduled a cystoscopy to look at my bladder to see if that was the problem. That day I found out I had Interstitial Cystitis or IC Painful Bladder Syndrome. The disease changed my life dramatically over the next two and a half years.
First of all, I was given a very strict diet to adhere to, where you can have no acidic foods and where you can have no juices, soft drinks, coffee or tea. There are also numerous fruits, vegetables and meats you have to avoid. Due to my reading on the disease, I took it a step further and did not eat things with preservatives and ate mostly organic when I could get it. Over the next few months I lost over twenty pounds because of the items I simply had to omit from my diet. That was the best thing that happened to me, since I got diagnosed and probably the only good thing!
The specialist wanted me to begin bladder instillations at his office directly after the diagnosis. Plus we tried numerous medications which made me very nauseous and I was unable to take. It seemed like every thing we tried I had a side effect that bothered me.
I tried the bladder instillation. This is where medicine is inserted into your bladder via a catheter and is to help with healing and pain reduction. I was in so much pain after this procedure that I said I would never do it again. For about a year I did not do it, but then in August of the following year the pain got even worse and I could hardly walk. The pain and frequency had taken a severe toll on me.
When you think about it if you are in pain and then urinating all the time your quality of life is at about a zero. I could barely work there were many times the pain was so bad I could not even shut my car door in the morning. My husband would do it for me. I could not play with my child (he was in 3rd and 4th grade at the time) due to the pain; we liked to play baseball, soccer, etc. Plus, I could not take him anywhere because I couldn't guarantee I could make it from our house to our destination without needing to find a restroom. This made me very nervous and caused me to stay home when I often wanted to go to an outing or event, I was simply too nervous of what might happen. When I had to go to the restroom I had to go then not five minutes later.
My son and husband took several trips by themselves because I could not sit in the car that long. First of all, the cars motion seemed to increase my need to urinate and the bouncing around weren't great for the pelvic floor issues I had that go hand in hand with this disease. Muscle spasms are very common with this disease. I had severe spasms that hit my vagina and if I was on my feet for a long period of time or it was near time for my monthly cycle or if I did any physical labor around my home including cleaning or yard work the spasms intensified.
I often took muscle relaxers to get relief from muscle spasms but could not drive while taking them, because they simply knocked me out. I enjoyed those time where I could sleep after taking a muscle relaxer because it was an escape for a few hours from these awful spasms that grabbed me and made me stop in my tracks until the pain subsided.
I went back to the specialist and he wanted me try the bladder instillations again because that was about the only thing left for me. I had promised myself I would never go through that again, but decided to give it another chance because of the pain I was in and the bleeding I had from my bladder. The first instillation I did in the office I was in severe pain again, but I decided to give it another chance to see if I felt that bad after the second treatment.
After the second treatment, the pain was not as bad and I was able to tolerate the treatments. So, I kept up with them twice a week in order to be able to make it to work and function in other activities. These treatments are painful because the catheter is touching a bladder that is in pain from the disease and my bladder was raw. The pain felt like water touching a raw wound.
These treatments were very expensive and they were treated as a specialist visit each time I went to my doctor's office even though the nurse did them. I was paying over $500 a month to do these treatments plus the cost of the medication, which I had to bring myself. Because of the cost, my doctor and his nurse showed my husband how to do these treatments at home. For over a year we did the treatments at home every week or more often as needed. When the pain begins to return you know you need to do them.
Because of the medications that are used in the instillations and the fact that you have to hold the treatment for two hours afterwards before you can urinate, I had to do the treatments in the mornings. This way I had an empty stomach and since one medication made my stomach gripe if I had eaten anything prior to the instillation and also because I had no fluid intake when I first got up I was usually able to hold the medication for two hours. I had to often go into work late and do these in the morning prior to working, so I could make it to work.
I wrote my doctor a letter in 2010 asking for his signature on a form so I could obtain a handicapped parking permit. I am only 45 years old and never once thought I would be in such bad health that I would need this. However, it had gotten so bad when I went shopping that I could hardly walk from the parking lot to the store and the additional walking seemed to aggregate the pain I was in and leave me emotionally drained. I learned my limits and knew how much I could take each day.
In 2010 and 2011, I went to see the specialist numerous times often once a month. I usually had blood in my urine and he would have it tested for a UTI, but it came back negative. Often he kept me on a low dose antibiotic to help with pain management and to ensure I didn't get any infections.
Nothing we did helped with the blood in my urine and my doctor wanted to do another cystoscopy to look at the bladder and also do it with hydrodistention, so he could stretch my bladder to see if it could hold more. I had this procedure scheduled for early May of this year and did it in his office under anthethesia.
He said my bladder was raw and when he tried to stretch the bladder it immediately started bleeding. He had a hard time stretching it because the scars from the bleeding were trying to heal and this causes scaring and he couldn't stretch it because of the hardening from the scaring. He told me this damage was irreversible. I was sent home from this procedure with a catheter in me because I was bleeding so heavily and the doctor was afraid if I tried to urinate on my own I wouldn't be able to. It was possible the large blood clots would get stuck and I would not be able to get them out and would have to go to the emergency room from the pain. Having a catheter in a bleeding bladder is very uncomfortable.
My doctor told me my bladder looked must worse then it did when he looked at two years ago. I was so disappointed in this considering I had been doing what I was supposed to do with diet and treatments. I felt like nothing was working and my husband was very concerned that eventually my bladder would not function at all. I tried not to think the worse, because I know things can get better and I never lost hope even though I did face numerous days of being very discouraged.
A friend of mine from church had been seeing Dr. Hozjan and told me about what he was doing and that he was feeling better. I knew this gentleman had been having numerous health issues and problems with medication and was unable to take many medications because of the side effects. He gave me Dr. Hozjan's card and said maybe there would be something he could do to help me.
I called Dr. Hozjan and explained that I had IC and asked him if he was familiar with the disease. He did have some knowledge of the disease and told me that he would know whether he could help me after the first visit. I figured I had nothing to lose and possibly a lot to gain, so I made the appointment and went in late May of this year for my first visit.
During my Nutritional Response Testing he found out that I had a weakness in my large intestines, my bladder, tonsils, a parasite in my body combined with blocked regulation. I was very surprised about the parasite and the blocked regulation. He even picked up on things from the testing without me having to tell him such as that I had problems with constipation and diarrhea. I was kind of amazed that he could tell this with his testing.
Dr. Hozjan immediately put me on five different supplements that I began taking that day. He also asked me to keep a food journal as well. I had done a bladder instillation the first day I went to him because of my pain level, but have not done one since, because the pain has vanished!
I have also begun to be able to do things that I could not do a year or two ago. I have been able to take my son to Carowinds and walk around without pain and still come home and take the dog for a walk. I could never have done that before. I also was able to clean my house without pain. I have had to pay someone to do it for the past year because of the pain I was in. I also was able to be intimate with my husband. IC really affects your ability to have intercourse because the bladder is so close to the vagina. Many IC patients are unable to have intercourse because the pain is too severe.
During the second week of supplements, Dr. Hozjan was getting some improvement in my bladder. By the third week my bladder had improved more and my blocked regulation was gone. He has also asked me to begin including six servings of cruserferous vegetables in my diet each day.
The real testimonial to my healing is that last week I went back to my specialist for a follow up visit and we discussed my treatments and he checked my urine. I told him that I was seeing Dr. Hozjan and that I have been taking nutritional supplements for the past four weeks and my pain has disappeared. I also told him that I was able to do things I haven't done in a very long time. He was amazed and very happy for me. He also said I had no blood in my urine at this visit and this is was the first time that has happened in over a year..
Dr. Hozjan had told me that when you have problems with the bladder it is from your kidneys and often toxins are not being properly filtered and are going into your bladder. I talked with my specialist and he said that this could very well be true.
These nutritional supplements are derived from food and I have had no problems with taking them and this is the first time in years that I have felt so good. I am looking forward to how my health improves over the next few months.
I want to work on improving the number of times I have to urinate each day and hopefully, this will lead to a good nights sleep in the future. Currently, I am up from 3 to 6 times a night and that makes for a very long week.
I can't begin to tell you how difficult this disease has made my life. There is so much embarrassment because of the numerous times I have to urinate. I don't very often go out to eat because I can never determine how the food and water I drink will affect me. Often times, I will have to sit in the restroom for an hour after I eat and go urinate so often that it is useless to get up off the toilet because I will just be back in there in a few minutes.
When I was in considerable pain, I could hardly walk without stabbing pain every step I took. People would look at you funny like they are trying to figure out why I was walking so weird. This is a disease that people do not often understand because they think you are ok because you look fine, but they do not see the amount of time you spend in the bathroom or realize what you go through because of the pain and frequency.
Many times I have spoken to people and they have never heard of this disease even though several million people suffer from it. It is my desire for the awareness to increase so there is a better understanding of what life is like living with this illness. I also want people to see there are options and that help is available to them through what Dr. Hozjan can do.
Your health is your greatest blessing and we take good health for granted until we do not have it. When your life as you knew it is taken away from you all you want is the chance to do everyday things like you used to do without the pain. I urge you to give Dr. Hozjan's treatment a chance and see what he can do for you to help your health be restored. I think it will end up being one of the best decisions you have ever made.
I met a lady recently in Dr. Hozjan's office during my last visit that came up to me and mentioned that she had seen me in the office over the last few weeks. I believe our appointments are scheduled about the same time each week. She said that every week I see you, you look like you feel better. Other people I know have said your face shows that you are not in constant pain and others have said you are smiling again, so I know you feel better. I feel so blessed to have found a doctor who wants to not treat the symptoms but find the cause and work on getting your body to heal itself.
I wish you all the best in your health!
- MY JOURNEY WITH INTERSTITIAL CYSTITUS A STORY OF PAIN AND HEALING BY JACKIE L.
Patient Success - Irene L
While visiting in Charlotte I came across Dr. Hozjan and Nutritional Response Testing (NRT) quite by accident. A day earlier I'd eaten a particularly fatty dinner and started experiencing some abdominal discomfort. Right away I knew I needed a therapeutic natural remedy that would help settle things down. But it was unlikely that any Charlotte health food store would carry the item I needed. Remembering that Standard Process could be a source I contacted them and was referred to Dr. Hozjan.
The clinic told me I could come in to pick up the item I needed but also suggested that I might want to speak with Dr. Hozjan who was in the office. He kindly took my call and in explaining things to him he suggested that NRT might be useful in looking at the general state of things going on in my body. I knew of muscle testing/kinesiology and believed in it so it didn't take me long to jump at the chance for an appointment. I had my first appointment that week with a follow- up one week later prior to leaving Charlotte and returning home (to Canada, in my case). Now that I'm back home I've been fortunate to find a chiropractor (Dr. Brian Smuk, DC in Burlington, Ontario) also skilfully trained in NRT who is fine tuning the protocol and food recommendations made by Dr. Hozjan.
I am grateful to Dr. Hozjan for his skill, knowledge and really positive manner in answering my many questions and showing me some practical dietary changes I could put into place to support my own body's healing capacity. It has helped to give me more peace of mind.
I highly recommend NRT and only wish Dr. Hozjan were a lot nearer the Canadian border so that I can continue to follow up with him.
- While visiting in Charlotte I came across Dr. Hozjan and Nutritional Response Testing (NRT) quite by accident. A day earlier I'd eaten a particularly fatty dinner and started experiencing some abdominal discomfort. Right away I knew I needed a therapeutic natural remedy that would help settle things down. But it was unlikely that any Charlotte health food store would carry the item I needed. Remembering that Standard Process could be a source I contacted them and was referred to Dr. Hozjan.
Patient Success - Beverly R
Thank God for allowing me to go into the Healthy Home Market on South Blvd to shop for grocery and see a notice that you were speaking about stopping hot flashes. I heard you address how to deal with hot flashes and other health problems. I also saw you do a live demonstration of how your body can actually speak to you to tell you what is good for it and what is not good for it.
I called your office and made an appointment for a full assessment of my body because I was having numerous hat flashes and I was also having digestive problems. I normally felt fairly good during the daytime even doing about 15-20 minutes of exercise 5 days a week. But at night, both the hot flashes and the digestive problems kept me up at night and I was only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep per night. I was also having vertigo, neck and back pain due to a previous automobile accident I was in about 3 years ago. I came into your office and got a full body assessment. In my initial visit you took the quality time to thoroughly evaluate my problems. You were very knowledgeable and took the time to explain what was going on with my body and what you would do to improve it.
After the assessment, you wrote out a full plan for me, which addressed the hot flashes and digestive problems and all other problems I was having to deal with. You then put me on a regimen. After taking your supplements for the first time, I cannot tell you how delighted I was that I felt 30% better and this was just the first dosage. In 2 weeks time I was 60% better and I was sleeping almost all night. Now 4 weeks later I would say I am feeling 95% better and sleeping mostly all night long. My exercise has increased from 15-20 minutes each morning to 30-45 minutes and most of the time I am not tired at all and sometimes I will exercise an additional 10 minutes more. Also, I have noticed a big improvement in my range of motion and flexibility since I started receiving adjustments.
I strongly recommend your Chiropractic care to others, because I am telling everyone that will listen about you. I feel that you can help many people turn their health around, if they will only follow your regimen.
Dr. Hozjan, I wish to thank you again for your professionalism, your medical skills and your caring attitude. My experience here has been wonderful. The chiropractic staff are professional, motivated, courteous and friendly.
This letter is written with heart felt gratitude for my overall improved health. It is amazing how much you have helped me with all my health problems. I thank God for you and your staff.
- Dr. Hozjan,
Patient Success - Susan B
I was having terrible migraine headaches about every two weeks. They would leave me in bed for 2 to 3 days at a time. I was having to take massive doses of pharmaceuticals to get me through the pain. I thought my diet was good. I had left out chocolate, grapefruit, nuts and all the "trigger foods" that are listed for migraine sufferers. After doing the Nutritional Response Testing I found out that eggs were a trigger for me and eggs are a hidden ingredient in a lot of prepared foods. That fact alone helped, but I was on a tract of getting to the bottom of these headaches so I decided to do the 21 day Purification Program. At first I felt rather sickly and then in a couple of days I started to feel better. Slowly I noticed that my energy level was rising. Now that I have completed the 21 days, I find that my body wants the healthier choices of food. It's like I think I want that cookie but then something in my brain says not to go there. My healthy food choices are a habit now and I feel so much better physically and mentally. My headaches are a non issue now. I am working out at the gym and enjoying a newly shaped body. Weight was never a problem for me but I am liking a thinner mid-section.
I hope my testimony will help others like you to make the decision to try this plan. It certainly cannot hurt, but hopefully will open up a new and exciting change to re-charge your life. Thank you for all the emails and information. This is exciting.
- I was having terrible migraine headaches about every two weeks. They would leave me in bed for 2 to 3 days at a time. I was having to take massive doses of pharmaceuticals to get me through the pain. I thought my diet was good. I had left out chocolate, grapefruit, nuts and all the "trigger foods" that are listed for migraine sufferers. After doing the Nutritional Response Testing I found out that eggs were a trigger for me and eggs are a hidden ingredient in a lot of prepared foods. That fact alone helped, but I was on a tract of getting to the bottom of these headaches so I decided to do the 21 day Purification Program. At first I felt rather sickly and then in a couple of days I started to feel better. Slowly I noticed that my energy level was rising. Now that I have completed the 21 days, I find that my body wants the healthier choices of food. It's like I think I want that cookie but then something in my brain says not to go there. My healthy food choices are a habit now and I feel so much better physically and mentally. My headaches are a non issue now. I am working out at the gym and enjoying a newly shaped body. Weight was never a problem for me but I am liking a thinner mid-section.
Patient Success - Charlie D
Dear Dr. Hozjan
In September 2010 I experienced an allergic reaction to something. The allergies manifested in hives, a red swelling rash that appeared all over my body, primarily on my arms and legs. These rashes, though intermittent, caused pain and intense itching and were a distraction from my daily activities.
My primary care physician could draw no conclusions as to the source of these hives, nor could he offer definitive treatment options. He suggested the use of over the counter antihistamines for symptomatic relief. I took several of these out of desperation and achieved some temporary relief of the symptom (which was very welcome). However, the otc formulas that were most effective in relieving the pain and itching also had undesirable side effects: drowsiness, lethargy, irritability, etc.
In April of 2011, after suffering with this condition for five to six months, I was in to see Dr. Walters. I showed the red swelling to Judy and she immediately suggested that I see you. Based on your examination you targeted some areas of concern, made some recommendations (including patience) and helped me begin a course of supplementation designed to cleanse and purify.
Progress was slow at first (you cautioned me about this in advance). Soon, however, the hives began to subside. To my great delight, by the end of the first week in July, a mere nine to ten weeks after beginning the protocols, I was completely clear of the hives and had taken my last antihistamine.
Needless to say, I am very relieved and grateful to have this episode behind me and want to say:
Thank you very much!
- Dear Dr. Hozjan
Patient Success - Eileen G
My name is Eileen Gabellini. I was fortunate to receive information and demonstration by Dr. Hozjan. The muscle testing in Nutrition Response Testing was so accurate, and none of my medical history was known by Dr. Hozjan at that time. I was so impressed I went to his office the next day for a complete diagnostic to ascertain what supplements my body needed specifically.
I have a condition of hypothyroidism after 48 week regimen of chemo therapy prescribed to me. I also have a great deal of trouble eliminating waste. Because my thyroid was unhappy I was very cold and was wearing a down jacket when everyone else was comfortable with just a hoodie on. Within 3 days of using the supplements tailored to my bodies needs, I too was wearing weather appropriate hoodies instead of my down jacket. Amazingly I am eliminating waste every day. My gastroenterologist had me using Amatiza, and even then I was only eliminating waste twice weekly. These changes happened immediately! The thyroid and constipation issues have been chronic problems that made my quality of life less than I desired.
I dropped 2-3 pounds in the first two weeks of these supplements. I sleep better, and my hair is looking better than it has in a long time.
I take vitamins. I have been on medications. I still do those things. My body is responding in rapid and tangible ways with Nutrition Response Testing. I am amazed at how happy the body becomes when given what it needs. I strongly encourage you to try this approach if you never have and may your body respond as quickly and happily as mine has.
- My name is Eileen Gabellini. I was fortunate to receive information and demonstration by Dr. Hozjan. The muscle testing in Nutrition Response Testing was so accurate, and none of my medical history was known by Dr. Hozjan at that time. I was so impressed I went to his office the next day for a complete diagnostic to ascertain what supplements my body needed specifically.
Patient Success - Dawn R
I initially sought out Dr. Hozjan hoping to find some relief for my body's inability to control temperature. However, what I actually found was better health beyond my imagination. I had been experiencing extreme hot and cold episodes that were interfering with my sleep and impacting other areas of my life. As a result of these extreme temperature changes, my energy levels degraded during the day, my productivity dropped significantly, I was unable to concentrate, and I was unable to heal in a normal timeframe due to the lack of deep restorative sleep needed to heal and repair my body. Furthermore, I began to suffer from very dry skin and began getting frequent acute sinus infections. Bottom line, I felt miserable and feared that there would be nothing, short of prescription drug therapy, that would help reduce the intensity of the symptoms.
Fortunately, however, I was a candidate for nutritional testing and that gave me new hope that there might be a way to care for my debilitating symptoms through better nutrition. That was a radical idea for me, because I watched my mother and others age and become more dependent on prescription drugs to find relief for their symptoms. If I could find my relief naturally through changes to my diet, this would be, by far, the most ideal. When Dr. Hozjan tested me, we discovered my thyroid was, in fact, malnourished. Great news! Dr. Hozjan could address the root cause of my discomfort and ELIMINATE the cause of the problem; not just reduce the intensity of the symptoms. All I needed to do was nourish my starving thyroid!! I started a whole food supplement regimen immediately.
Within the first two days, I began to notice incredible changes to my skin. It felt softer and was clearer. I stopped using hand lotion altogether and my feet felt amazing!! I was getting deep, restorative sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept so well!! Because I am now getting the deep REM sleep I need, I have much more energy during the day and I'm far more productive because I am able to concentrate and focus. I am happier and feel much healthier now.
After just a month on the regimen, I noticed significant improvement in my body's digestive function. Bloating, cramping and abdominal irritability were completely ELIMINATED!! I began to realize that some days I had to skip meals and some types of fruits and vegetables to avoid the pain and discomfort I felt after eating. Once I started on whole food supplements and began nourishing my digestive system, I found I didn't have to skip meals or avoid fruits or vegetables! Furthermore, my sinuses were completely clear AND SYMPTOM FREE DURING THE WORST PART OF THE Spring, when I usually suffer the most!! I've never been able to get through a Spring without eye drops, nose sprays, inhalers and antihistamines, but this year I was thriving without any of that stuff!!
Dr. Hozjan has addressed the root causes of my health issues and has helped me find nutritional balance and the support that my body needs to function fully. I feel abundantly blessed to have the expertise of Dr. Hozjan, in addition to, the highest quality whole food supplements available to care for my health in a natural and holistic way.
- I initially sought out Dr. Hozjan hoping to find some relief for my body's inability to control temperature. However, what I actually found was better health beyond my imagination. I had been experiencing extreme hot and cold episodes that were interfering with my sleep and impacting other areas of my life. As a result of these extreme temperature changes, my energy levels degraded during the day, my productivity dropped significantly, I was unable to concentrate, and I was unable to heal in a normal timeframe due to the lack of deep restorative sleep needed to heal and repair my body. Furthermore, I began to suffer from very dry skin and began getting frequent acute sinus infections. Bottom line, I felt miserable and feared that there would be nothing, short of prescription drug therapy, that would help reduce the intensity of the symptoms.
Patient Success - Nancy M
Prior to the Whole Body Purification Program, I was a little less energetic than I wanted to be plus I wanted to lose some weight. The program appeared to address both of these issues. Even though I looked forward to the Whole Body Purification Program because I believed my body would benefit from it, I did have some reservations before starting the program. I was concerned it would be difficult to adhere to the program for three weeks. My normal diet did not consist of many fruits plus I love bread, chocolate, other simple carbohydrates, and red wine, all of which were not part of the program food. Also, I was not confident that I would like the daily shakes.
It was not difficult to adhere to the Purification Program. I found myself actually looking forward to the daily fruit shakes and would like to continue the shakes after the program. The program introduced me to several vegetables that I had never eaten. Now these "newly found" vegetables will become a part of my diet. During the first 10 days of the program I thought I would miss meat, chicken and fish. I have discovered that the protein shakes have provided me with enough protein and I do not have a strong desire to eat meat, chicken or fish. The only benefit I get from them is that they add some variation to the diet.
My initial concerns proved unfounded. The program has reduced my cravings for bread, sweets and even my wine(!). I do believe that I think more clearly and have more energy. I do not seem to be in a "fog" as I sometimes had been. The weight loss has made me feel better both physically and mentally. Additionally, since I have not been eating cheese (which I like), my allergies seem to have improved. My sinuses are clearer and my eyelids are less puffy.
I would recommend the Whole Body Purification Program to others and I am looking forward to participating in the program in about 6 months, not 12 months.
- Prior to the Whole Body Purification Program, I was a little less energetic than I wanted to be plus I wanted to lose some weight. The program appeared to address both of these issues. Even though I looked forward to the Whole Body Purification Program because I believed my body would benefit from it, I did have some reservations before starting the program. I was concerned it would be difficult to adhere to the program for three weeks. My normal diet did not consist of many fruits plus I love bread, chocolate, other simple carbohydrates, and red wine, all of which were not part of the program food. Also, I was not confident that I would like the daily shakes.
Patient Success - Jane R
In March of 2007 I went to the hospital with severe chest pain and a stomach ache. The diagnosis was costochondritis, severe acid reflux and a hiatal hernia.
I had digestive problems on and off for three years. In March of 2010 I was sent to a gastroenterologist for an upper GI series and an endoscopy. It was again determined that I had severe acid reflux and was put on a very restricted diet along with several medications. I was to have no fiber in my diet at all. Following that plan was not easy and even though I did follow it I did not notice any increase in my well being. I was in gastric distress and eating Tums like candy most of the time.
In August 2010 I went to see Dr. Walters for a routine chiropractic visit and noticed that his new partner, Dr. Jeremy Hozjan, was involved in a nutrition/wellness program. This interested me so I asked a few questions, mulled things over and decided to try the "cleanse" [Whole Body Purification].
After three weeks on the cleanse [Whole Body Purification] I feel better than I have in three years. I do not seem to have any acid reflux and have stopped taking all medications but one which has been reduced from twice a day to once a day. In addition to feeling better I have lost ten pounds. What a lovely side effect.
- In March of 2007 I went to the hospital with severe chest pain and a stomach ache. The diagnosis was costochondritis, severe acid reflux and a hiatal hernia.
Patient Success - Barbara A
I was in pretty bad shape. I had had surgery for a massive rotator cuff repair in October 2010. For weeks after the surgery I had repeated bouts of dizziness and vertigo. I didn't understand what was happening at first, and blamed it on the post-op medication, which I stopped taking. But the bouts persisted.
My family doctor prescribed Antivert, a seasickness medication, which just made me sleepy. I then went to an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist who diagnosed BPPV, a form of vertigo. She referred me to an audiologist, where I was given several nauseating treatments. They helped temporarily, but the dizziness never quite went away. Meanwhile, I was trapped in my house, afraid to drive or travel unassisted in case the vertigo returned.
I had to go back to work six weeks after the surgery. The dizziness was so bad that I took my mother-in-law's walker to work with me. The walker kept the room from spinning and enabled me to get around. My co-workers, for the most part, were kind. But having to use an old lady's walker around people half my age was humbling, to say the least.
I told my shoulder surgeon about what I was experiencing, and he believed that I might have some residual anesthesia in my system from the surgery. About that time, a friend told me about the Purification Program that he was on courtesy of Dr. Hozjan. I decided to give it a try.
I just finished the program this past weekend, and am pleased to say that I haven't felt this good in years. The vertigo and nausea are gone. My blood pressure before the program was in the 135/85 range; during and after the program it was normal or below. Plus, I lost eight pounds in 10 days and an inch and a half from my waist. I hope to be able to do the program on a yearly basis.
In addition to the Purification Program, Dr. Hozjan found, via X-rays, that I had an impingement on my spine near my neck, due to untreated scoliosis. This contributed to the vertigo, and I am currently being treated for that as well. The stiffness in my back I had attributed to too much time spent in front of a computer. I am pleased to say that the pain has greatly diminished and I am able to walk easily again.
I would recommend Dr. Hozjan and the Purification Program to anyone.
- I was in pretty bad shape. I had had surgery for a massive rotator cuff repair in October 2010. For weeks after the surgery I had repeated bouts of dizziness and vertigo. I didn't understand what was happening at first, and blamed it on the post-op medication, which I stopped taking. But the bouts persisted.
Latest Blog Posts
- Chiropractic Patients Have Lower Medical Costs
- Frozen Shoulder Syndrome Eased By Chiropractic
- Chiropractic Adjustments Produce Immediate Results Visible on MRI
- Chiropractic Effective for Dizziness, Study Confirms