Hip pain is becoming a growing concern among younger and middle-aged patients, especially in teen athletes and weekend warriors.
Pain specialists at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center say they are seeing an increasing number of patients, from adolescents to baby boomers, who are suffering from a condition known as femoral acetabular impingement, or FAI.
"FAI has become much more common in the last 10 Read more
Vitamin B complex deficiency is a serious problem because most Americans, particularly children and teens, have it. Vitamin B complex deficiency causes a syndrome that mimics dozens of other mental and physical conditions. Millions of people are treated with powerful drugs and surgery for conditions caused by B Complex Deficiency Syndrome (BCDS) because they are diagnosed as having other conditions.
BCDS causes more problems than all other nutritional deficiencies and Read more
Latest Blog Posts
- Chiropractic Adjustments Produce Immediate Results Visible on MRI
- Chiropractic Is Great for Kids
- 89% of Office Workers Have Musculoskeletal Pain
- Chiropractic Patients Have Lower Medical Costs
- Study Finds Regular Chiropractic Adjustments Prevent Worsening Back Pain
- Chiropractic for Kids
Meet Dr Jeremy
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- Show Older
Fortunately, a recent study offers hope to sciatica patients: chiropractic care can speed the recovery from sciatica flare ups and allow patients to return to work sooner (2).
The study evaluated 44 Norwegian workers after they came to the hospital with severe sciatica pain. Most of those patients had been experiencing pain for three or more weeks prior to their hospital visit.
The hospital chiropractor examined each patient to evaluate his/her posture and gait, range of motion, and palpation of the lumbar spine.
The chiropractic then performed various joint adjustments to the spine and other limbs that had been injured through patients compensating for pain. Ice treatment was also used to relieve soft tissue soreness.Patients were treated daily in the hospital and later three times a week for the first two weeks. Some patients needed additional follow-up treatment but typically did not exceed 14 treatments.
In matter of 21 days, 91% of patients returned to work full-time. Two patients returned to work part time. Researchers concluded this study demonstrates the potent benefits of collaboration between chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Chiropractic care can put an end to your sciatica pain so you can begin living your life fully again.
Posted in chiropractic, Chiropractic News, Sciatica, sciatica treatment, Understanding Sciatica
- Arana E, Marti-Bonmati L, Vega M, et al. Relationship between low back pain, disability, MR imaging findings and health care provider. Skeletal Radiology 2006;35(9):641-7.
- Orlin JR, Didriksen A. Results of chiropractic treatment of lumbopelvic fixation in 44 patients admitted to an orthopedic department. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2007;30:135-139.