Many people know chiropractic care is an effective treatment for adults, but did you know it can also be a powerful pediatric treatment? A recent study demonstrates just how much chiropractic care can benefit children and adolescents.
One twelve year-old boy suffered from vertigo, neck pain, and migraines so much that he was forced to miss over half of his school days for the past Read more
Although the analogy of "aches and pains" is often used to describe growing older, some researchers from Australia wondered how prevalent these types of issues are in adolescents. Shockingly, what they found is that our children may be in more pain than we realize.
For purposes of this Read more
Latest Blog Posts
- Chiropractic Patients Have 90% Reduction in Migraine Frequency
- Doctors Ignoring Evidence for Back Pain Treatment
- Chiropractic Beats Epidural Injections for Disc Herniations
- 89% of Office Workers Have Musculoskeletal Pain
- Chiropractic and Exercise Is Perfect Combination for Back Pain Treatment
- Chiropractic Plus Exercise Eases Cervicogenic Headache, Study Suggests
Meet Dr Jeremy
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- November 2015
- October 2015
- Show Older
Fortunately, a recent study offers hope to sciatica patients: chiropractic care can speed the recovery from sciatica flare ups and allow patients to return to work sooner (2).
The study evaluated 44 Norwegian workers after they came to the hospital with severe sciatica pain. Most of those patients had been experiencing pain for three or more weeks prior to their hospital visit.
The hospital chiropractor examined each patient to evaluate his/her posture and gait, range of motion, and palpation of the lumbar spine.
The chiropractic then performed various joint adjustments to the spine and other limbs that had been injured through patients compensating for pain. Ice treatment was also used to relieve soft tissue soreness.Patients were treated daily in the hospital and later three times a week for the first two weeks. Some patients needed additional follow-up treatment but typically did not exceed 14 treatments.
In matter of 21 days, 91% of patients returned to work full-time. Two patients returned to work part time. Researchers concluded this study demonstrates the potent benefits of collaboration between chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Chiropractic care can put an end to your sciatica pain so you can begin living your life fully again.
Posted in chiropractic, Chiropractic News, Sciatica, sciatica treatment, Understanding Sciatica
- Arana E, Marti-Bonmati L, Vega M, et al. Relationship between low back pain, disability, MR imaging findings and health care provider. Skeletal Radiology 2006;35(9):641-7.
- Orlin JR, Didriksen A. Results of chiropractic treatment of lumbopelvic fixation in 44 patients admitted to an orthopedic department. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2007;30:135-139.