Do you eat to live? Or live to eat?
We eat for the following reasons:
- Growth and Development Babies, children, teenagers and even adults need food to grow and to replace cells and tissue in the body.
- Support of Body Functions Most of the processes that take place in the body (breathing, digestion, circulation, etc.) require a lot of energy, and food provides that energy.
- Movement Physical activity, from crawling to walking to exercise, requires energy as well. How much energy depends on how much activity is taking place.
- Nutrition The body needs vitamins and minerals to stay in proper working order. Food is the main resource for these essential elements.
How much we need to eat depends on a number of variables, including height, weight, age, gender and activity level. It's important to remember that excess fuel is stored as fat and excess fat causes obesity.
Good nutrition, along with regular chiropractic care, is a key ingredient in living a healthy lifestyle, and providing optimum functionality to your body. Think about that the next time you go to grab a snack, and make it a healthy one!
Dietary anaylsis is a key compnonent of a complete Nutrition Response Testing Protocol. Call today to schedule your appointment!
When we walk around harboring angry and bitter feelings toward someone who has done something hurtful or wrong to us, we hurt ourselves, not the person who committed the wrongdoing. Unresolved anger and resentment manifests itself in the way we live our lives and ultimately, they affect our health and quality of life.
The healing benefits of forgiveness include:
- Decreased stress levels
- Decreased anger and negative thoughts
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Decreased vulnerability to substance abuse/addictive illness
Whatever the hurt...forgiveness is the answer for you.
Latest Blog Posts
- Chiropractic Reduces Stress Boosts Wellness
- Doctors Ignoring Evidence for Back Pain Treatment
- Chiropractic Adjustments Produce Immediate Results Visible on MRI
- Chiropractic Is Great for Kids
- 89% of Office Workers Have Musculoskeletal Pain
- Chiropractic Patients Have Lower Medical Costs
Meet Dr Jeremy
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- Show Older
Fortunately, a recent study offers hope to sciatica patients: chiropractic care can speed the recovery from sciatica flare ups and allow patients to return to work sooner (2).
The study evaluated 44 Norwegian workers after they came to the hospital with severe sciatica pain. Most of those patients had been experiencing pain for three or more weeks prior to their hospital visit.
The hospital chiropractor examined each patient to evaluate his/her posture and gait, range of motion, and palpation of the lumbar spine.
The chiropractic then performed various joint adjustments to the spine and other limbs that had been injured through patients compensating for pain. Ice treatment was also used to relieve soft tissue soreness.Patients were treated daily in the hospital and later three times a week for the first two weeks. Some patients needed additional follow-up treatment but typically did not exceed 14 treatments.
In matter of 21 days, 91% of patients returned to work full-time. Two patients returned to work part time. Researchers concluded this study demonstrates the potent benefits of collaboration between chiropractors and orthopedic surgeons. Chiropractic care can put an end to your sciatica pain so you can begin living your life fully again.
Posted in chiropractic, Chiropractic News, Sciatica, sciatica treatment, Understanding Sciatica
- Arana E, Marti-Bonmati L, Vega M, et al. Relationship between low back pain, disability, MR imaging findings and health care provider. Skeletal Radiology 2006;35(9):641-7.
- Orlin JR, Didriksen A. Results of chiropractic treatment of lumbopelvic fixation in 44 patients admitted to an orthopedic department. Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 2007;30:135-139.